Soroptimist of Mandaluyong “Adopt a Barangay” is a continuous program with LGUs, a project is discussed at the beginning of the biennium. This year Soroptimist of Mandaluyong adopted Barangay Burol.
Projects proposed is “From Backyard Farming to Healthy Eating to Market Selling.” Objectives of this livelihood program are as follows:
- To have an alternative source of food and reduce the number of hungry constituents.
- To encourage Barangay Constituents to plant vegetables and answer the need to have a proper nutrition.
- To have an alternative source of income.
- To contribute to the clean and green environment of the Barangay.
The “project” will be a joint effort of the Barangay Burol residents and Soroptimist International of Mandaluyong, shall assist in the program by way of resource persons, seminars and training, guidance and management. A sound working relationship with local officials and barangay women fosters cooperation, facilitates logistic arrangements and ensures the success of this project benefitting women and girls in the community.
SI Mandaluyong in cooperation with QC Urban Farming shall conduct the following training to the constituents of Barangay Burol:
1. Ecowaste Management
2. Fertilizer Making
3. Vermi Composting
4. Nursery Management
5. Organic Farming
In addition, SI Mandaluyong shall conduct seminars on the subjects of:
1. Violence against Women and Children
2. Stopping Human trafficking
3. Livelihood Courses – Hair cutting, Manicure and Pedicure, and Body Massage
4. HHousekeeping Course